• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, The Mystery Continues

dabtl

OK, what I hope is a final report on this.

First I did not wait till Wednesday to change the oil. I got out of court a winner today, took the afternoon off to bask in my temporary glory, and changed out the oil and filters.

Second, the oil did not show any accumulation of AF but was milk colored. It had been run only a few hours and took the color of the residue oil in the system, I think. That was really good news.

Third, the new oil was run for about half an hour and showed to be new oil. Not black because the prior oil was milk colored. I have noticed that if I change out the oil in the other deuce the dark color immediately colors the new oil. This time the oil was clear and clearly new.

Finally, I used the new gaskets, not the old style with the separate ring. They seem to work fine. I should know by now.:roll:

This has been an interesting task. Seeking out the cause and hopefully curing it.

I think the truck will drive fine now. Anyone following after this with the same problems will, I hope find this thread and act accordingly.

dabtl

An update: The oil still shows no sign of AF. The lights are working again. All appears well.

With this thread and PATRACY's thread and his solution anyone who follows has a lot more information than we had to work with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks