• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

old M116 trailers vs. newer M116s - installing bows where they aren't any

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed on the older M116 trailers (the 3/4-ton trailers used with gensets), there are stave pockets on the sides to install the staves and bows to allow a vinyl cover to be placed over the cargo area. I am looking at a M116 trailer, one of the newer types, doesn't seem to have any pockets on the sides for the staves. I guess the military is finally abandoning the Cold War concept of making genset trailers (and other trailers/trucks that carry more tactically important items) look like regular cargo trailers with a cover, to prevent spy planes and satellites from doing more effective recon.

Anyways, has anyone successfully installed bows over a newer M116 trailer, and if you did, how? Pics help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks