• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old Water Tank trailer (Won It)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I see the old water trailer popping up in the GL window at Fort Meade.

I am in on it to see if I can get it for what I think it is worth. Does anyone know if that is the old fiberglas tank or stainless steel one?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Old Water Tank trailer

Believe it or not, I got one of these for $5 back in the pre-GL days. Wish I could get a deal like that now.

I think the M107s were fiberglass tank.

ida34

M149 are fiberglass but they are the oval style. Mine is a fiberglass M149. I saw that picture and it just look like a distorted regular round tank.

ida34

I looked again. I see it is an M107. The fiberglass tank has angled off shoots from the tank. They are not perfectly contoured and is contoured weird. This one is just the regular M107 tank. I am pretty sure it is stainless. I think one model of M149 was fiberglass. I don't think any other water tank was fiberglass. Below is a picture of one like mine.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

The M149 had one of two tanks, the 'glass one as pictured above and the completely round one which was stainless. I'f I recall correctly, all of the M107 elliptical tanks were aluminum. Even if the tank is gone, the M149 can be identified by the really high fenders.

ida34

The M107s also have a triangular piece from fender to the frame on all corners and do not have the steps on the fender like the M149.

papercu

water

M149 and M149A1 Water Tank Body - Fiberglass.
M149A2 Water Tank Body - Stainless Steel.

I have one of each tanks and a trailer for the A2
A2 trailer will need to be put back together. The axle and lunette ring was cut off but I have the axle, the foam insulation on the tank is damaged and will need to to be fixed. Fiberglass tank is in good shape. all for 300.00 or make offer

I have two M107 tank and trailers and the axle and lunette ring was cut off both 250.00 each or make offer
All in South Ga. Wayne

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I won it

The old M107 is now added to the stable. I will have to have my son take the M1009 to haul it home for me. Anyone have one with hints? I plan on mounting a gas powered pump I have on the trailer and using it to move water or if fuel keeps going up make it a veggie oil collector.

What do you think?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Well I won it

The tank is aluminum and looks pretty good. Before I pressed it into fuel service I'd weld a 2" bung on the top to drop a transfer pump in. Since all the plumbing and valves are gone, this is a good tank to do this to. I much prefer the 107 over the 149 but thats one simple man's opinion. Congrats Chaplain!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Kenny:
I like the looks of it too, I have a gasoline driven diapham pump that will suck that thing dry without thinking twice just using a suction hose so I was hoping just to to it that way or use a drop in pump with hoses attached.

The property we are buying has an old in ground pool on it and I was first going to suck that dry and fill the trailer to take it away and then fill it in for a big parking work area.

I am glad to finally get something that does not have an EUC with it.

What do you thing the tank is worth in scrap value if I have to scrap it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hmmm, I dunno. I had a very very rusty M107 that I scrapped and was going to scrap the tank but Citizensoldier bougt it for $175. The rest of the poor thing got chipped.

Srjeeper

Re: RE: Well I won it

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
What do you thing the tank is worth in scrap value if I have to scrap it?

Dave, Here in the northeast scrap metal is over $12.00 @ 100lb and alum. is over .70 @ pound. That'll give you some idea what it'll bring.

BTPchad

RE: Re: RE: Well I won it

Cna anyone tell me who manufactured the m149a1? I need it for work. It looks like in the picture about that FRUEHAUF made some of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks