• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Olympic Flight Museum Military Show 14 March 2015

Amer-team

Hello Team, anyone interested in displaying your MV at the 14 March military show? I stopped and talked with them today at the museum and they would be happy to have us. They will reserve the parking lot in front of the museum for MV parking and you will get free show admission. So far we have a couple 923's coming for the event. Post on here or send me a PM and let me know so we can coordinate with the Museum.

As in the past we should probably have the MV's getting into place a bit after 0900, to allow the people that are setting up inside, access to the front door.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

jhigh

So they are not letting you inside this year? Took this one off the list after last year. I dont think they really care if we are there or not.
Disregard
I thought you were talking about the airshow. My bad. This is a good event.

Last edited:

Amer-team

They usually have the WW2's inside and it depends on how many tables they have. They usually aren't too keen on putting a helicopter or P51 outside so we can have indoor MV parking. This is just an option for us, if we want front row parking and free entry, its available if we make arrangements.

Amer-team

Anybody up for bringing their MV to this event. We have a couple down for it. She told me that they had 38 tables asked for so far. We might even get a peek at one of their new Blackhawks.

JH1

Yo yo yo...
I'll try to bring our Hawk carrier. 50:50 odds. I'd like to get to that show. Thanks for heading it up.

Amer-team

So far it is looking like 3 vehicles. Anyone else coming out to play on Saturday? We have to leave the parking lot open for the vendors to pull in and unload till about 0900. Then they will clear out and we will get the front parking lot. P

Another Ahab

Hello Team, anyone interested in displaying your MV at the 14 March military show? I stopped and talked with them today at the museum and they would be happy to have us. They will reserve the parking lot in front of the museum for MV parking and you will get free show admission. So far we have a couple 923's coming for the event. Post on here or send me a PM and let me know so we can coordinate with the Museum.
Didn't pick up on that earlier.

FREE: that's a reasonable cost. Always good!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, Peter; my truck is in pieces and I still haven't gotten my license plate back yet.

Maybe next time.

Storm 51

Amer-team

You guys are killing me. :) Get em back on the road and we will see you next time. How about if you get up and going so you don't miss the 4th of July at my place. This year we are trying to emphasize WW2, but all MV's are welcome.

Storm how can your truck be in pieces? Can't believe that there is something that you haven't done to that thing yet. :)

wsucougarx

I actually finally have this weekend off for this event. However since I'm on leave, I have found it upon myself to do some serious PM on me 925. I've got all the coolant drained, hoses pulled, belts off, and various other parts dismantled. But Mike, that's only 1 out of 5 trucks you say. Yes, however, in the shuffle of a busy life and a newborn son, I didn't plan things out. The lead truck in my yard is the dismantled 925:/. Unable to move anything in/out. May stop in if I'm up in the area but not in a MV.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peter, there are LOTS of things I still have to do. I've got a 3 or 4 page list of stuff. The basic truck is done, but the radios have to be installed along with the MRE Heater (combat crockpot), the blood cooler (refrigerator) and various accessories and lights. To install the radios and other stuff, I have to install the power distribution system in the bed. Since I'm doing wiring I' also installing front rigger's lights as auxiliary headlights and some work lights in back. There's more but that gives you and idea of the stuff still to be done.

I'm also still waiting for my license plate to get back from being restored / refurbished, so I'm kind'a stuck at home.

I'll try for next year at the Fight Museum. Besides, this is last year for the WW II emphasis and my vehicle is not WW II.

Storm 51

Amer-team

Mike, you know the rules, clear the flight deck, push it over the side so flight ops can resume. :)

Storm, what a list of mods. Can hardly wait to see what you come up with.

Ahab, This is the 70th anniversary of the end of WW2, so I had said somewhere earlier that I was going to emphasize WW2 in my displays this year. This weekend I am waning. Am not going to do a display except for vehicle and the debate is which one. Probably not the 42 as it looks like it is going to rain, no doors or side curtains. Right now the M54 is first on my flight deck, blocking in the M923, so will decide when I get home which one goes.

I have run into a group out here called the Game Wardens, Vietnam Brown Water Navy. May try to support one or two of their events as well. It is shaping up to be a great display season. P

Amer-team

They were setting some stuff up today. Hope some of you can make it out for the military show. Where else are you going to get to hang out with probably the best restored Corsair in the country and maybe the only flying Husky? See you at the show.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Really wanted to make this one with the 904 truck to match your 908, Peter, but... not this time. Doctor's appointments that just can't be missed. So it goes. Same thing happened with the Lighted Tractor Parade, too much other stuff going on trying to get the Centurion on the road in between doctor visits, no time or resources to divert to the parade.

We're already planning for the 4th of July, though. We'll also keep watching for other events we can make, working around our doctor.

Might be able to swing by the museum after we're done at the doctor's tomorrow, we'll see how late he keeps us. I really want to see that Corsair.

Amer-team

Mission accomplished. I only got a couple of interior shots and am having some computer issues. Will have to get them up later. We ended up due to weather and various technical reasons and obligations with only tow vehicles. 1943 GPW all kitted out and the 84 M923. People did get a kick out the 23 and did notice it as they had to go around it to get in the front door. It was fairly busy with people coming and going till about 1400 and then a few vendors started to pack up. We were on our way home by 1600. it was a good chance to get in out of rain and talk with the military collecting community. They are looking to do another show like this in the fall. Will keep you posted.