• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh w712

Rivans2

Hey guys,
I won the bid and now am the lucky owner of this sweet oshkosh. I'm looking for any info on these trucks and also any manuals (operater, repair, etc).
It had a frozen governor and was building 150psi before the blow off released. A dissamnbly and cleaning took care of that.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Rivans2

Thanks for answering.
No plow. The town that was selling the truck kept it as a spare. It was like new 11ft 4 way. The truck has 4900 miles and 800hrs since a rrman in 1980.
The dpw foreman was told that these trucks were purpose ordered by the air force from oshkosh to plow runways and went back to the oshkosh factory for the rebuilds. Not sure if accurate but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
Happy Holidays!

Jericho

Thanks for answering.
No plow. The town that was selling the truck kept it as a spare. It was like new 11ft 4 way. The truck has 4900 miles and 800hrs since a rrman in 1980.
The dpw foreman was told that these trucks were purpose ordered by the air force from oshkosh to plow runways and went back to the oshkosh factory for the rebuilds. Not sure if accurate but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
Happy Holidays!

sounds spot on! AF specialized mait in the motorpool did not do overhauls, Some sno blowers were originally built in the 50s and 60s and then rebuilt as neeed, These trucks were still in service well into the 90s

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck, there is no way your just cant love a nice OshKosh! I have what looks to be the same truck but its a plow truck running a CAT engine. When I got it came with every blade including a V-plow and a 12 ft straight plow a Wing blade and a belly blade. I sold off all the blades got rid of the ballast box and the truck will be restored as something other than a plow truck!

Rivans2

This has a cat 3306 and fuller 9 speed. Runs real strong. I will try to find a plow as all the head gear is in place but I actually bought the truck for the 4wd chassis. I have a 6500 Kodiak with a 55ft bucket and plan to swap the boom and stabilizers over to the oshkosh as long as I can keep it under 13-6 tall.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks