• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our 1942 Chevrolet G506

Truckoholic

Just thought I would share some pictures of our old truck. This thing has been sitting not running for my entire 30 years of existence, and then some I'm pretty sure. My dad and his family used to use it as a snow plow back when he was a teenager in the early 70's, but then it got parked. I think........if my memory is correct, that one of my dads brothers ran it out of oil. So I have no clue what kind of condition the engine is in. But, my grandpa gave it to my dad, so my dad had it towed to his place about 20 years ago. I always wanted to fix it up, and I had thoughts of putting a 6bt cummins in it someday. But both myself and my dad, are so busy with work and other things, that he has pretty much given up on any hope of ever getting it going again and now is talking about selling it. Kind of sad since it's been a part of our family for so long, but we probably won't ever get around to doing anything with it. But yeah, since discovering this website in my efforts to learn more about acquiring an M925 or M813, I figured you guys might appreciate seeing our old truck.

IMG_20110523_152636 (Small).jpg

IMG_20110523_152645 (Small).jpg

IMG_20110523_152558 (Small).jpg

IMG_20110523_152501 (Small).jpg

IMG_20110523_152550 (Small).jpg

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am sure you can find someone who will give it a good home. That's definitely a restorable truck.

ryker725

I do not see any cancer rust on it, which is pretty incredible for a truck that's been sitting out that long..

Yes, you need to put it in the hands of someone who is capable of a challenging restoration. I am NOT that person..

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Why is it that everything I am interested in lately is on the "Left Coast"???:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Most of the WWII Era stuff that has sat that long here in GA without at least SOME upkeep is so far gone it might fall apart if ya try to move it!:mad::mad:

Any hoo...please try to save that truck or find someone who will[thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, can't help but wonder what happened to the truck?? I see a G506 with an original bed on it. Im kind of obsessed with the WW2 chevy trucks. I found the thread searching for info on anyone who has done a G506 swap with a 6BT engine, because I am considering buying a rough pair of G506's (one with an engine, one without) and wouldn't it be cool to repower with a 6BT?

I'm just daydreaming, but someday it just might happen.

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The body syle of that cab, especially with cargo bows behind it, is what I love. With good ole NDT's the cab and fenders and bumper with the big meaty ole hooks on the top look like a beast designed in hell to eat you. Add a winch and it will drag your guts out first. I just love the trucks. Red Ball Forever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks