• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our best last event of this year

dmetalmiki

Firstly, ! (we) have to apologize for not presenting pictures (of the drive out), we only had one camera with us and it failed completely. Does not even work to date.
But perhaps the 'story' will bring a few smiles.

We held a group meeting this weekend at the barn. All the vehicles were out on display, and various locals with their children came, admired, sat in, and generally enjoyed the open display. During a (very) convivial evening with much "lubrication!" I suggested a visit to a local show running on the Sunday. A few classic (American) cars proffered to go on the trip, there were no 'volunteers' for military things..but I took the M45. 530C fire truck. En rout through the local town we passed the local fire brigade open day. I was late in observing this (bennyM45 riding passenger/ spotter alerted me and I gave a toot up the road. Nearing the event I operated the horns sirens bells and lights. At the junction entrance a VERY pleasant sight (I wish the camera had caught). TWO fully appropriately attired U.S. Cops! directing traffic! With pristine period FULLY equipped police cars, headlights and all beacons flashing either side of the road. On hearing and seeing us coming, traffic was stopped, and we were summond With ALL the correct hand signals and motions (U.S. style) to the wrong side of the road bollards to negotiate the sharp narrow turn entry point.
The show (The American and Custom car show) was excellent. With many varied and interesting vehicles.
On the return journey, (OH YES!) I remembered the local fire station open day, and about 500 yards away had ALL the lights strobes, beacons bells and hooters operating, We then 'Parked' on the hard standing of the station in front of their display. The faces of [public and fire service personnel was truly a moment I will remember for ever and a day!.
The interest and enthusiasm shown by the staion staff was really gratifying, and it was a while before we could resume the trip home.
The staff there were invited, accepted, and will hopefully attend our next open day.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks