• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our First MV's Recovered - Now on to Maintenance & Updates

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 things come to mind here.

1. get the -10 operators manual & read it. (Your questions & statements indicate that you have not done so)

2. I have seen std cargo covers in the $200-$300 range, how much you think someone is going to charge to screw with that big heavy cover?

1. no I haven't read the entire manual, haven't had the time. However I have read parts of the online pdf manual. But its much harder to sift through a pdf file on the screen then it is an actual paper book. And yes I will get a hard copy/printed paper copy.

2. Nothing like asking around and finding out. Doesn't cost anything to ask. And as joshs1ofakindxj said in his earlier post, it only cost him $43 bucks.

Last edited:

wikallen

No i haven't read the entire manual, haven't had the time. However i have read parts of the online pdf manual. But its much harder to sift through a pdf file on the screen then it is an actual paper book. And yes i will get a hard copy/printed paper copy.

plonk

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't read the manual until after I got my truck home either. It would of been nice knowing how to use the wipers.
lol :-D
That is an interesting control isn't it :-D

My brother, who was driving the deuce on the recovery trip, figured it out one morning before we left the hotel. Even though we never needed them the whole trip, as we never once ran into a single drop of rain or snow the entire 2100 mile trip! The rain and storms were always farther ahead of us, or somewhere behind us the whole time!

Clay James

If oil is coming out the intake on the turbo don't run that engine until it's fixed! Could mean fried turbo seals which could cause a runaway engine. Always idle for 5 minutes before shutting down.

Commander5993

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If oil is coming out the intake on the turbo don't run that engine until it's fixed! Could mean fried turbo seals which could cause a runaway engine. Always idle for 5 minutes before shutting down.

Thanks for shedding some light on the photo of the turbo. I was thinking maybe that it could be "that problem" that I had read about... but hoping it was not. I'll have to look into it and see how hard its going to be to replace the seals I guess.

Yeah I do know about the 5 min rule. Been holding to since we got the truck... which is only the 9 day trip home though. Haven't driven it since.

Thanks for the input! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
THe cargo cover could also be for a M814 5 ton. Just how long is the cover? M36 is 17', M814 is 20'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks