• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overhead Console

CapePrep

Anyone ever install one of these?
Saw one today on a truck and it looked pretty good. Solves a lot of problems for aux. switching etc.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Disregard below. I just looked and you have the other one...

I installed one in my 5 ton, thread is HERE.

I've definitely enjoyed mine, it wasn't too hard to install.

Word of advice, the step bit that comes with it did not make it through drilling the hole for my camera. Use your own....

Installation was pretty straightforward, the only issue I had was due to the mount, the monitor is designed for a bottom mount, and the console is a top mount, but you can change the orientation of the video.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone ever install one of these?
Saw one today on a truck and it looked pretty good. Solves a lot of problems for aux. switching etc.
Nice idea... but imho very, very expensive. Too expensive!
This is a sheet metal frame that can be finished on a folding bench within half an hour. Sheet metal for 5 dollars and a switch for 40 dollars.
Then we add some labor for development and design. Plus a small wiring harness.
If someone came to me and wanted something like that, I'd take 500 off their hands because I'd do it once and then probably never again.
If I produce it in series, my production costs are maybe 200 dollars.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a sheet metal frame that can be finished on a folding bench within half an hour. Sheet metal for 5 dollars and a switch for 40 dollars.
If someone came to me and wanted something like that, I'd take 500 off their hands because I'd do it once and then probably never again.
Well said.

CapePrep

well said, and I agree. Just hadn't seen one before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks