• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overheating šŸ„µ

DREDnot

There are pads in the fan.
Are you talking about the friction lining of the clutch itself?
Thats also a possibility ...as you've experienced.
I suppose a test for that would be to watch and listen for fan engagement while you plug and unplug the four way plug of the TDM. If it moves alot and doesnt start roaring airflow, that would be an issue that needs to be addressed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tested the micro switch on the throttle
The switch is normally open and makes continuity when you peg the throttle
So I assume the fan should be engaged at 220degees or more when the engine isnā€™t wide open
I just ordered a new TDM mine seems to give 24v all the time to the Cadillac valve keeping the fan clutched and the psi stayed at 125psi
I tried to follow the TM on testing the TDM and it seemed to ohm out much lower then what it should
Hope the new one does the trick
Thanks for all the help šŸ‘
most fan issues ā€œat least in my shopā€ have been listed in order....

-faulty thermostatic switch ā€œnote, do not replace w/Chinese knockoforā€
-bad TDM
-bad solenoid on Cadillac valve
-blockage in fan clutch line from Cadillac valve.

Ajax MD

Went out for fuel today, noticed the fan didn't kick on and the engine temp increased. Fortunately, I was close to home.

I'll follow the troubleshooting steps in this thread and see what's broke.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks