• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overheating

FreightTrain

Banned
is just a needles width past 200degrees too hot to run my deuce?Driving it saturday morning I got up to about 180 but the air was nice an cool.But in the after noon when it got up to around 95degrees I had to back out and let it cool down while following wrecker home.got up over 200 degrees(would say 210).Gonna change the coolant this week and maybe flush the engine.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a heat gun and check it at the thermostat housing. Mine goes gets up to 180 and never gets above that. Even when it's a 100 deg here. Mabye your guage is reading a little off?

Westech

CPL
my deuce runs at 200 to 210 when Im flat out giving her the beans.I thought that Craintruck says to try and keep them warm (180) but that 200 was pushing it for a multi. Correct me if Im wrong Bj. I know he runs with the winter cover on alot to insure its with in the op temp.

jeli

Westech said:
my deuce runs at 200 to 210 when Im flat out giving her the beans.I thought that Craintruck says to try and keep them warm (180) but that 200 was pushing it for a multi. Correct me if Im wrong Bj. I know he runs with the winter cover on alot to insure its with in the op temp.
When I picked mine up Friday it ran just north of 200 on the gauge too. I was running about 50 then ran all out on the interstate. It was low to mid 80's outside. When I stopped for 15-20 minutes I let it idle and it cooled down to 180 but not below.

I did notice the from head may have a weeping head gasket. Not sure if I did it or if was like that.

Westech

CPL
My heads leak a bit of oil also, even after a full rebuild of the heads and block. I guess thats the way it is. Lot of guys say a multi is only dry when its out of oil. I dont really trust that factory gauge too much. I had to replace the sending unit 2 times now. I did install a sun pro gauge and it never went over 190 but it did rattel it self to deth in the deuce. Really if its not over heating and blowing coolant all over your prob ok.

jeli

I think my leak maybe coolant. Something I need to investigate further. I agree with your comment. There is no such thing as a nonleaking MV especially oil or gear lube.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moments above 200°F are few and far between on my deuce. Loaded with lumber a couple of years ago, I was going up Black Mountain on I-40W in North Carolina and the temp hit 205 degrees and that was with my plywood radiator cover installed.
Empty flat out, it stays around 175 to 185.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks