• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Owner Operators Needed for a Military Vehicle Experience - Atlanta, GA

IroncladGA

Wasn't sure if I should put this in events or SE members forum. I hope i am in the right place.

The purpose of this message is to see if there are any MV owners in the Atlanta area that would like to join me once a month or so to provide vehicle rides at a local museum and get paid for those rides. It's like a touch-a-truck experience on steroids.

I have been doing this on a part-time basis since the spring with the two MVs that I own. After more than a year of paperwork, meetings, and approvals, I secured a permit and the required insurance to operate educational military vehicle rides/tours at a 15.5 acre outdoor aviation museum. It's an awesome setting for military vehicle rides because the Museum has an AC-130 gunship, an F-14 Tomcat, A-6 Intruder, C-141B Starlifter, etc. that we get to ride around and show off while driving guests around. The kids (and adults) get really excited when they find out they can not only see some cool aircraft, but also ride around in the Humvee and Ferret that we are using now. I have been doing this in my spare time over the past year to test it out. What I found is that periodic larger-scale events would generate good turnout, and that guests liked to ride in different kinds of vehicles. It's kind of like the fair, but instead of bumper boats, pirate ships, and mechanical bulls they get to ride around in MVs.

With the right mix of vehicles, we could make a really cool once-a-month (or more frequent) experience that might also allow us to have some fun, generate admission fees and raise awareness for the museum, raise awareness of the hobby, and recover some of the costs of our hobby.

The biggest hurdle to adding vehicles is getting each vehicle covered under the excess commercial liability policy that we are required to maintain. This policy is more expensive than a traditional collectors policy, but it also allows more flexibility than a collector's policy - like providing rides to paying passengers.

I am viewing this as something like a hobby co-op. We all pitch in on the fixed costs (namely the excess insurance policy), we each procure our own vehicle-specific insurance policies, then each person get paid for the rides that they personally provide.

Send me a message if you are interested, and we can get together in person or on the phone to discuss.

-Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks