• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA System

kapkanimd

I tried searching and could not find anything significant.

Does anyone have any information on the possibility of using the RT-524 or VIC-3 with an externally mounted loud speaker/PA system?

Thanks in advance.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was about to post a question about that. I picked up a loudspeaker at Eric's. Can't get it to work. TM has one paragraph on it and it seems straightforward. Plug in loudspeaker, the end.

I have it hooked to the "loudspeaker" port on the main box, and plugged into the loudspeaker.

It shouldnt be this hard, but it is. IMG_8959.jpg

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to do some deeper troubleshooting on Friday to be sure cables are good and speaker is correct model for this system.

papakb

It'd be helpful if you'd mentioned what speaker you picked up from Erik's. The SINCGARS crystal speakers look cool but don't seem to work with anything. If it's one of the LS-671s that are pretty common now there is a breaker that needs to be turned on and there's also a switch on the volume control that needs to be pulled upwards.

Last edited:

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.thosemilitaryguys.com/military-loud-speaker-n-o-s-now-with-instructions-for-wiring-to-cb/

the instructions were missing from my box, so, I was left to just guess. Then, a month later, I found the instructions packed in a box with something else I bought. Anyway, I have not dug into the unusually long set of instructions to find out why it doesn't work (it needs power, but how it gets power, I have not figured out.) maybe it's simple, maybe not. I did notice it indicated the instructions came from (or were listed on) radio nerds.com site.