• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint colors for modern 3 color woodland

cs641

I have an old M416 I'm looking to paint in the modern 3 color woodland. I know I need 838 green, 838 brown and black....Who do you guys recommend? Last paint I used didn't hold up very well and never looked "right"

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rapco/Gillespie seems to be the go to paint if you are willing to order online.
If you just want to walk into a store, Home Depot has the Federal Supply color codes in their system and can tint paint to match. It doesn't look quite the same as the Rapco does, but still really good. Use Behr Ultra or Marquee as the base.

For 3 color camo you need:
FS34094 383 Green
FS30051 383 Brown
FS911 flat black

Here is a list of all the FS numbers the military used and examples at the Rapco site

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks