• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint for Military Rockcrawler

chevydawgjess

I am going to paint my 1966 CJ5 with a millitary type paint job. My question is what is going to be the best paint that will resist fading, scratches and easy to touch up? I have looked at the gillespie and Milspray. Is it worth doing it in a CARC paint???? what are the advantages. I thought about doing it in green, brown, and black but don't know if I have enough body panels to make the camo pattern look right. I may just do it in od green or 383. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jess

Attachments

chevydawgjess

yeah.....I know......Toy axles! It was a hard decision, but, I was looking at weight reduction, ground clearance, and width. I could have put some cucv axles under it but to wide for what I wanted. With the 300m Long shafts, it will be as strong as a Dana60 and more clearance etc. I wanted to keep it as low as possible for a good COG and I linked the front and rear. The main object is to clear the obstacle and move on down the trail. If the toy axle give me problems, i will just put some rockwells under it and go to 42's.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aervo rattle cans. They are inexpensive, the colors match from can to can for easy touch up, you can carry them with you and don't fade too bad. Desert colors man, Sand, Earth Yellow, Earth brown and Black!

chevydawgjess

Thanks everyone for the help....I do like the desert tan also....just thinking about the eastcoast colors. Thanks again....

Jess

chevydawgjess

It is a 5.3 with GM Performance Cam and Speartech harness, TH350, Dana 300 with JB Conversion 4:1 gears and 32 spline input and output shafts. Those are some older pics....she looks good now, just needs the right paint combo. Now I just need a Military Ambulance with a 4 or 6BT Cummins and I will have a good tow rig and camping qtrs.

isaiah

DMgunn said:
I like the Krylon OD, also - minus the clear. Yikes.

Love the way the "body armor" is cut and fit. Is that an LS-1 in there?
:lol: I thot I was the only one that used Krylon...using clear is like showtime!Nice tho

OH YEAH Olive DRAB WOULD BE NICE ON THAT JEEP!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks