• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Hmmwv with chips

kfrosty

I've been reading through threads and most responses are chemical strip, sanding.

As with others, I've got 3 of these I'm working on and majority of the paint is stuck good, but in others chips.

I'm thinking of sanding and trying to feather around the chips and using something like POR 15 with a foam brush to paint the ship areas for a coat or two. (It seems to self level as it's drying.)

If there is still a noticeable issue, then try their epoxy or a slim filler and sand.

It just seems like a waste to strip the entire vehicle down to metal and bring it back.

Thoughts or other ideas?

iacucv

You should be able to feather the chip, then use an epoxy primer or self etch primer to cover the bare metal. Then apply a good coating of high build sand able primer and let dry. Should be able to block that back smooth, no body filler needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks