• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Sources; Aervoe or equivalent

saddamsnightmare

June 1st, 2008. :D

Gentlemen and Ladies:

Does anyone on here know the equivalent Aervoe or Krylon Camouflage paint numbers for the reddish brown and brown earth colors used on the US Army Woodland camouflage paint in, I believe you call them, rattlecans??? I have an ex Oklahoma Army National Guard M105A2 Cargo Trailer in the 3 color Woodland scheme, but the brown on the trailers is more reddish brown and the local autoparts places around here (Paris, TX) only carry the very dark, almost black, Krylon brown, not a very good match-up.
The paint on the trailer needed some rust spots fixed and reprimed, and now I have a rather different four color scheme as I used what I could get to feather in the primed areas......
The Darker Tans are easy to find, as is Woodland Green, Black and white, and I would prefer not to use CARC spray paint at present, as very likely this trailer is going to be repainted 686A Tan to match it's cargo cover and "Saddam's Nightmare" the 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 that serves as its prime mover for now. I am trying to work up a modification to the wiring harness, using the Swiss Army Nato 7 pin plug, adapted to a US Army (11 ) standard trailer plug from a deuce, to be able to tow the M105A2 behind my Swiss Army unimog, which should make an interesting combination on the road, to say the least.
Thanks for your time and kind consideration,

I remain, All,
Most Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce, 686A Tan.
1968 Johnson Mfg. Co. M105A2 Cargo Trailer, ex. Ok. Army NG Unit,3 color Woodland Camo (Mod.)
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gasoline Generator Set, Woodland Green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114 Mercedes Benz NATO green

emr

In the MV mag is Allen Hague, the paint guy in NJ, He is very easy to deal with and just a nice guy, has arvoe, will be as good a match as any, all the paint i got from him matchs really well, and fast service too...all rattle cans need to be shaken alot and shaken thru the whole painting process.and don't forget the upside down clean out spray too when stopping even for a minute or two ......Randy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks