• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting an M1009...

ragedracer

Gonna be painting my 09 this weekend. First, I have to say WOW to Rapcoparts.com. I ordered 2 cases of rattle cans on Wednesday afternoon. I received them (via UPS ground!) on Monday afternoon. Thats amazing!

So, questions. I'm going with 686 tan, a desert storm scheme. The CARC on there is in pretty good shape (solid OD). My plan is to take it to the quarter wash and pressure wash the snot out of it, and then hit it all with a rough scotchbrite pad, then wash again. Will that be enough prep?

#2, I've had some trouble locating photos of 09's in desert storm scheme. I know they get an inverted "V" on the doors. Is there a specific size? Do they also get a "V" on the tailgate, or just the doors?

#3, the markings on the bumpers are currently white, framed with a tan square. Would painting the new markings black, with no "frame" be correct?

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've only seen the inverted v's on the doors of the M1009, but I have seen a contact maintenance truck with the inverted v on the back. As far as the bumper numbers, I believe black on tan would be correct. I had a couple of pics of tan M1009's with the V's, I'll try to locate them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks