• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painting in the rain

hmburner

Since i had the day off,and the weather was perfect,i decided to paint the underside of my M 135 box. I have been working part time for the better part of a month,scraping off 52 years worth of accumulated rust/mud/old paint and patching a few holes.cost me 150 bucks for two gallons of special mix OD house paint and two gallons of reducer. Sprayed the mix at a ratio of 50/50 and all the air the little compressor could give me. Two hours later and a gallon and a half of paint i finished the second coat and shut down the compressor. A black cloud blew over and dropped buckets of rain on me and my new paint job. I will see tomorrow if there was any real damage ,but this is the underside of the box and the whole truck gets a final coat when im done anyways.

just my day at the office on a sunday
Bill

Attachments

randyscycle

I've found that the paint will take on a texture similar to that of the surface of the moon, with little craters all over from the raindrops, if the paint isn't hardened before it gets rained on.....Don't ask how I know.

littlebob

Lookin Good.
Rain has been my enemy for the last two years. everytime I get a weekend off from
the kids activities, i am greated with the moisture.
littlebob

Bill W

I feel your pain Bill
The last thing I painted on my (first) deuce was the bed, forty minutes later a rain shower blew in from nowhere, luckly I found ( after having my s**t fit ) that the hardner had kicked off enough to where I blew all the droplets off with a air nozzle and it looked fine....wheew!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks