• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake stuck

walkerbzz11

What can be done to correct a parking brake that's seems to get stuck at times? Sometimes when I first crank it up it's seems like I'm being held back when I try to go. I'll let off the accelerator and come to a stop pretty quick. After I drive a while it seems to loosen up. Will the big tires and lift kit along with the gear ratio affect such things? It has a 4 inch lift with 37x12.50s that was done by the previous owner. Looks super cool but I normally don't like modifications. Thanks.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
besides a cable(s) that is hanging up, another thing i have run into with GM products are rubber brake lines swelling on the inside .. They may visually look perfect on the outside but the internal restriction will not let the affected brake(s) release right away , it takes a few minutes for them to bleed back to the mc thus they will drag awhile .. The problem is way more noticeable in stop-go traffic as there is not enough time for them to release in between stops , and the same situation can happen if you applied the brake pedal when shifting out of park when you first start the truck up

Like the others, I think you have a common cable issue.... But if you cannot find any issue with your cables whatsoever, you should test each wheel for proper hydraulic release while you have the wheels up in the air

Last edited:

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second what cucvrus has said on changing the brake cables. I never noticed any issues on my m1008 with the parking brake releasing but upon disassembly the cables were still pretty stiff. And this is on an m1008 that had 0 rust. New cables made big improvement.

I've been fighting seized brake cables on most of my vehicles since I was 16 years old so I would highly recommend starting there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks