• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

part # for rear axle seal ??????

Elohim1

Does anyone have a part # and brand (I suppose) for the rear axle seal.
Mine is leaking and everyone I call says they need a part #. It is a 1965 2 1/2 ton.

Thanks

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What seal #do you need? The axle has many seals. I have most #'s at home I'll Look it up if you know witch one.

DEL03

Is it the grease seal or the oil seal the grease seal is 7521649 and the oil seal is 7061238 the phone number for memphis is 901-774-0600

good luck and dont forget the 3" nut socket it helps alot especially if you pull the drum with the wheels still intact

DEL03

fredrader

We need the seal that keeps the 80/90 gear lube from leaking onto the inside wheel...I figure while it's apart we need to just change all the seals etc...We wanted the names and #'s for em all I guess..

Desert Rat

I got my poly seals from Southeast Equipment I think. Iron Horse gave me the info. Those seals were worth every penny I spent. I looked at them and couldn't wait to swap out the seals.

ironhorsethegeneral

:cool: We got our seals from Sotheastern Equipment Company out of Augusta, GA. 1-706-798-4361. Hope this helps. They get them to you right away. [thumbzup] The salesman we deal with is Byron. He is real good. :yeah:

Called up Southwestern Equipment and spoke to Roger.
You were right Ironhorse, they knew their stuff and were great to deal with. Thanks for the referral. Seals are on the way.

I didn't have the cork seal part number but he is going to look for it and send it. He found it in the book and said he knows they have them.
Does anyone have that part number?
I know in one of my searches one of the SS members mentioned making one out of a spare chev valve cover gasket. Was that a cork gasket you used?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks