• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part number for the correct thermostat for a 6.2 motor? Thanks in advance.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I been trouble shooting a no heat problem in my 6.2 not getting hot at all. I realize there is no thermostat in it. Does anyone have the part number for the correct thermostat for a 6.2 motor? Thanks in advance.

Dock Rocker

Hav you flushed your cooling system? Specifically the heater core? That was my issue that caused almost no heat when the heater was turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Atm when I squeeze the top hose when cold it is soft, so the thermostat is either stuck open or missing...lol. After i look at that, flushing next. Thank you all again for the help!

m38inmaine

Don't mess around with after market thermostats, from the parts stores, china junk. I just went through the same issues, get a real one made from all metal. A guy on ebay is selling original new USGI thermostats, just type that part number in the search and it will pop up, he is from NY, good luck.

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't mess around with after market thermostats, from the parts stores, china junk. I just went through the same issues, get a real one made from all metal. A guy on ebay is selling original new USGI thermostats, just type that part number in the search and it will pop up, he is from NY, good luck.
Do you mean this one? [FONT=&quot]Motorad 429-195 195f/91c Thermostat[/FONT]

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the help, finally got around to changing my Thermostat with the one M38inmaine recommended and I am getting heat! Thor is sitting at 185 degrees in 65 degree weather at idle. I thought there was no thermostat in Thor but when I changed it I found it was stuck open, it had the same thermostat that M38 recommended, thanks again!
This was the thermostat I ended up getting:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorad-42...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

20180112_140740.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks