• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts vs whole cost

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's wrong with this picture!? I have already spent money on heaters and related parts equivalent to 1/3 of what I paid for the whole truck and I'm not done yet. Nothing new I know, it's just something to think about, part of the addiction, the excitement of finding the "right part".
Meanwhile the relentless search for more parts goes on....

pa.rich

I assume this is for the 8 wheel drive? What are you looking for?And yes the cost of restoration is high. But what fun to see the progress. Bjorn, have you been able to do anything this winter? I havent cause of the cold weather. Send some pics if you can, I look forward to seeing it. Sorry I cant remember the name of that 8 wheeler.Regards, Rich. : :)

rizzo

Armada and I were talking about this with his truck. Cost of a rebuilt truck compared to a non-rebuilt. I think it is worth the extra money to get a truck that most likely will not have to be repaired for some time. You can get lucky and buy an older truck that does not need to be fixed, but some times the repair costs can add up to quite a bit.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Parts vs whole cost

pa.rich said:
.... Bjorn, have you been able to do anything this winter? I havent cause of the cold weather. Send some pics if you can, I look forward to seeing it. Sorry I cant remember the name of that 8 wheeler.Regards, Rich. : :)
Yeah, it's for the xm757, not much has been done since Oct/Nov, no fun working outside in the cold.
Mostly been collecting parts and researching the history of the truck. If I could keep from spending money on nuts and bolts, I could get some new tires. :)

pa.rich

RE: Re: RE: Parts vs whole cost

Yep , no fun working in the cold, inside or out. XM757, oh yeah, thanks. My truck is in garage and I still dont feel like working on it. It was 1 degree this morning and I am off Friday. I have to start up my 211. Someone is looking at it Saturday. Hope it starts for him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks