• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts??

Sephirothq

This might not be the correct place to put this, but i am hoping to find out some sort of answer.

My question is what about a vehicle that is purchased for the sole purpose of spare parts and what are the disposal requirements of the used parts?

I hope that makes sense. If i get a vehicle for parts and use some of them can i scrap the remains? Do I need any special paperwork?

thanks

Michael

Most of the parts are the same demil code as the truck and cannot be exported. The only way to buy the truck without an EUC is to buy it as scrap and have it mutilated on site where no parts are usable.

papercu

scrap

If someone came looking (and they could) you might need to show where you sold it to a scraper otherwise you need them to fill out a EUC too. Wayne

Michael

RE: scrap

I don't think you have to have your buyers actually fill out an EUC, you just have to tell them they can't export the item and you have to record the name and address of the buyer. Of course, having them fill one out would accomplish both.

4. When MLI/CCLI property is transferred, the information in this form regarding the above laws and regulations must be passed to the subsequent purchaser/receiver. Records of Resale in buyer's possession should be available for Trade Security Controls Office review, if requested.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: scrap

If you take what is left to a scrapper and the serial numbers can be located, you'll have a paper trail to support the fact that you did in-fact, scrap the vehicle. The scrapper clears the title out. I don't think they'll take any vehicle without a title. At least not the legitimate ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks