• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger Seat Back Removal

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the passenger seat back assembly "hook" at the top and fasten with two bolts at the bottom? I need to remove it from the cab for the media blasting and can't see back there.

1943ht

That's affirmative .. two 5/16 NF (24) bolts on the bottom ... just did my seat back yesterday regards those bolts .. ran a tap thru the holes to clean them up :wink: before installing.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

Thanks again to all. I still hope to have everything blasted and painted by summers end. Then, rewire and reassemble over the winter. My only dilema is the tail gate. It's bent several ways and I have no way to straighten it.

majorhitt

Lost my brackets, fabbing new ones. Then when just about to install the new brackets and the originals showed up!! Yes just like everyone said two bolts on the bottom and drop in on the top.

M-37Bruce

I'll make an effort to get out in this heat and take a pic of mine, I will need to remove said cushion. I have one original and one house/home made.

majorhitt

I had the seats out of my M37cdn. You could see the 1/4' bar that goes from bracket to bracket on the top, the two humps are where the support brackets go. Then on the back of the cab I held a pointer at the bracket. I should have moved to the right to get both brackets in the picture. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1943ht

"T-H" where are you located in WI? I'm in River Falls WI (MN Border)and am just finishing up my M37 Restoration .. My thread on the M37 Forum is "Another one Bites The Dust."

//R//
Mark

M-37Bruce

This looks tighter than the one I have, I guess the tighter, the closer to the back? If you making a few, I would like to purchase one if it's possible?