• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger Side Alternator Weirdness...

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I was going to replace the connector too, just in case.

As for the hydraulics, I just replaced what was in the truck. I didn't add anything else. I don't see a filter in the TMs, so it hadn't occurred to me.

Are you suggested trying to pull out as much power steering fluid as I can, and try dextron in it? It can't hurt, I guess. If the boost has gone bad, I can't really make it any worse...
No there's no filter in them stock at all but there's a bunch out there to fit a 3/8 hose. The booster has a check valve that's almost a pencil point that if it gets stuck can either give all the pressure or take it away.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

LouhiKhar

Finally had a warm enough day without precipitation...

Did a flush of the hydraulic system with Dextron. Pushed about half a gallon through the system, installed in inline filter in the return line, then buttoned up the system. I forgot to take pictures...

It behaves a bit better now... But I'm still losing a lot of the hydraulic pressure when braking, one the accumulator is exhausted. I'm hoping it's just air trapped in the fluid. I did a quick bleed and ran it around town for about 10 minutes. I ran it just after the flush, and it It still has that shimmer off bubbles, so I'm hoping if I let it sit a bit, maybe a day or two, and let the air bubbles settle out, maybe it'll be better...

Everything in the system is new in the last year or so, except the steering box, which the guy I bought it from said he did in 2020... If this didn't fix it, then I may have to find a real mechanic in my area who will look at it...

I have the new connector for the alternator, but as the alternator issue doesn't keep it from running (at least so far), I'm concentrating on trying to get the hydraulics sorted out...

Always more work to do...

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally had a warm enough day without precipitation...

Did a flush of the hydraulic system with Dextron. Pushed about half a gallon through the system, installed in inline filter in the return line, then buttoned up the system. I forgot to take pictures...

It behaves a bit better now... But I'm still losing a lot of the hydraulic pressure when braking, one the accumulator is exhausted. I'm hoping it's just air trapped in the fluid. I did a quick bleed and ran it around town for about 10 minutes. I ran it just after the flush, and it It still has that shimmer off bubbles, so I'm hoping if I let it sit a bit, maybe a day or two, and let the air bubbles settle out, maybe it'll be better...

Everything in the system is new in the last year or so, except the steering box, which the guy I bought it from said he did in 2020... If this didn't fix it, then I may have to find a real mechanic in my area who will look at it...

I have the new connector for the alternator, but as the alternator issue doesn't keep it from running (at least so far), I'm concentrating on trying to get the hydraulics sorted out...

Always more work to do...
I wonder if the ps pump pressure regulator us not working. New pumps fail.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

LouhiKhar

Finally got time to replace the steering pump, and...

Now the hydraulics seem fine. I opted for a new one, not reman, so it'll have a better warranty, if nothing else...

Just did a ~30 min tour around town and it stops, turns, etc. as expected. No soft brake pedal, no stiff steering... Now hopefully I'm not replacing this pump in a year...

Still getting some flashes of the ol' Gen 2 light, so that debug continues. Electrical connector is the next project, and then chasing wires...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks