• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pe-75-w

ltcray

hokay guys-
I inherited a Leland Alternator PE-75-W... good for 2.5 kilowatts AC at 60Hz - it belonged to my father and traveled with us thru at least three stations. We sold the Briggs engine, so all we have left is the generator on the steel skid.
LSS, a fella has mentioned he wants it, and I have no idea how much to ask for it. Any ideas?
The bearings rotate freely, and we did use it on a number of occasions when he had his store.
I've had it covered in my driveway for a while - the pictures are from today.
001.jpg003.jpg
008.jpg009.jpg
013.jpg005.jpg

rustystud

In all honesty, what's the scrap value ? Since it cannot be sold as a working military generator anymore it no longer has any "Historic" value going for it any more. Also it will have to be totally dissembled and repaired to operate again. That costs a ton of money and time for something in this condition. I own a WWII hospital generator and I made the mistake of leaving it outside for a few years. The rust and other damage to it has destroyed any value except scrap. Just being honest.

GreyWulf

I disagree. I have a spare engine and these lelands are tanks. mine was in awful shape and is now nearing completion. it took cash but not a ton.

rustystud

I disagree. I have a spare engine and these lelands are tanks. mine was in awful shape and is now nearing completion. it took cash but not a ton.
So OK there might be a few people in this whole nation who might want this unit, but really how many people are going to spend the money to get less then half of a generator (no engine or control panel) . I suppose if your already rebuilding one for a total restoration you could use some parts. But honestly how many people are going to be doing this ? A modern MEP is so much more powerful and not nearly as heavy, plus it will be brushless. The only people I see wanting this is WWII reanactors.

KBGenerators

So OK there might be a few people in this whole nation who might want this unit, but really how many people are going to spend the money to get less then half of a generator (no engine or control panel) . I suppose if your already rebuilding one for a total restoration you could use some parts. But honestly how many people are going to be doing this ? A modern MEP is so much more powerful and not nearly as heavy, plus it will be brushless. The only people I see wanting this is WWII reanactors.

This is a long shot so many years later. Do you still have it?
I ask because I need one of the brackets from the skid that holds the wooden handles in place. I'm also in search of a lower muffler/spark arrestor bracket. Those are the last two pieces that I need to complete my restoration, butits hard to find any carcasas anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyWulf

hokay guys-
I inherited a Leland Alternator PE-75-W... good for 2.5 kilowatts AC at 60Hz - it belonged to my father and traveled with us thru at least three stations. We sold the Briggs engine, so all we have left is the generator on the steel skid.
LSS, a fella has mentioned he wants it, and I have no idea how much to ask for it. Any ideas?
The bearings rotate freely, and we did use it on a number of occasions when he had his store.
I've had it covered in my driveway for a while - the pictures are from today.
View attachment 571923View attachment 571924
View attachment 571925View attachment 571926
View attachment 571927View attachment 571928
I dont know if you got my last message, but is the PE-75 remains still for sale? I am just north in E. TEnn.
CB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks