• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Personnel Heater Question

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Can you tell me where the heater output is supposed to go? I see the output is is supposed to go where the other circle is? if not is there a manifold under the dash that routes the heated air to the winshields or floor?

Thanks looking at a 1,000+ mile drive in March in this truck and the heater will come in handy

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, I have to ask, which truck and what does the TM show? The duct work is usually on the crew compartment side of the firewall for easy control.
Where are you driving?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
A different David answering part of this question - but that is an under hood photo of an 809 series truck -and IIRC he has bought a M818 tractor. I MAY have a manual on heater installation, but can't look until Tuesday at the earliest.

DD

David, rite over the heat shield straight back is where it pokes thru the fire wall. At the fire wall is a 2 piece elbow with a damper. runs via hose to diverter box near the middle of fire wall. from the diverter box it goes to the 2 defrosters and or floor. heres a pic of the WRONG diverter box if you plan on putting the heater on the right side where it belongs. note the inlet for the box is set up for a 2 1/2 ton. (fed from left) . hope this is not to confussing.

Attachments

Pappa-G

Re: Heat?

citizensoldier said:
Now come on just some heat.. but not much heat... :shock: I dont remember heat on my side of the truck?
That would have to be one of Armadas trucks. That guy aint happy unless his passengers frozen stiff. :wink:

steelandcanvas

DaveP said:
I cut and flipped one of these diverter box's for my 809 series. have 1 more to do. the 809 boxes come ready to use but i had these so i'm using them.
I have a diverter box for a 5 Ton, and need to install it in a Deuce. Can you tell me what you did and how you did it? I don't have a torch set-up or wire-feed as yet. Would you be willing to trade a modified unit to fit a Deuce?

Sorry David, Not trying to hijack your thread, but this problem has kept me from installing my heater.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bjorn and David's Thanks that answers my question exactly I will fab up something out of sheetmetal duct work if I can not find the right parts. The reason I had to ask was I serched for a couple hours in my manuals and could not find what you posted.

Thanks again and God bless

steelandcanvas said:
DaveP said:
I cut and flipped one of these diverter box's for my 809 series. have 1 more to do. the 809 boxes come ready to use but i had these so i'm using them.
I have a diverter box for a 5 Ton, and need to install it in a Deuce. Can you tell me what you did and how you did it? I don't have a torch set-up or wire-feed as yet. Would you be willing to trade a modified unit to fit a Deuce?

Sorry David, Not trying to hijack your thread, but this problem has kept me from installing my heater.
so you need the one that feeds from the left side of the truck? and you have one that feeds from the right? is it new? the one i have not modified yet is for a deuce. pm me and we will work it out.

Re: Heat?

Pappa-G said:
citizensoldier said:
Now come on just some heat.. but not much heat... :shock: I dont remember heat on my side of the truck?
That would have to be one of Armadas trucks. That guy aint happy unless his passengers frozen stiff. :wink:
when this pic was taken it was my truck. passenger was not to cold, i think his nerves kept him warm. something about heavy snow and ndt's mixed with heavy holiday traffic? :?

Crash_AF

RE: Re: Heat?

There's a guy in Lamar CO who has a salvage yard full of military vehicles (see post in 'Salvage Yard Info'). I'd get the correct box before you modify one. I'd even be willing to go down and get the box to trade for the correct one for my truck.

PM me if interested.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
.....The reason I had to ask was I serched for a couple hours in my manuals and could not find what you posted. .....
Maybe the date of the TM has something to do with it, the illustration comes from the July 1972 TM 9-2320-260-20.....