• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Peterbuilt air ride for my deuce?

Bcurtman

Being an insurance agent may have paid off in terms of bobbing my deuce. Last summer a client of mine hit a tree at low speed with the front of his peterbuilt, and the insurance company totalled it. My insured bought it back. I remembered this and called him this week to ask if the air ride suspension could be bought. He said my timing was perfect, as they were just getting it in the shop to pull the motor and transmission, and they were going to scrap the rest of it. What is a fair price for the air ride setup complete for one axle? This was a lighter GVW truck, so I think the suspension should be ideal. I may be able to get the setup from both axles-still have to verify that-maybe tomorrow.

A second question is regarding the use of air ride on a truck that will see farm use. I know they don't put them on dump trucks because of the tendency to roll over when on a side hill. Is this a genuine concern on a non-dumping bobbed deuce that will rarely haul much?

Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I haven't the slighest idear on what to offer, but grab the air ride seats and the compressed air dryer too!

Firejareen

If they are still available, and you don't mind. I would like two of the Peterbilt emblems. Yea I second the air ride seats, they are smooth compared to bouncing down the road on a rock.

bill2444

It depends on the set up. I hate our mack vacum truck with air ride on and off- road. But out here in North Dakota on the tractor trailers i'm driving the air ride is the cats meow.

PROSTOCKTOM

If your just playing around with it like I'm doing then air ride is fine.

Also adding the shocks to the rear will give your more stability your talking about.

Now if your 100 miles out in the middle of nowhere and a bag blows out your in trouble.

Have you looked at "Dirtygrunts" air ride setup?

Peterbuilt has several versions and I have been to a local semi salvage yard to look at all

the different versions.

The Peterbilt " Air Leaf " system like "Dirtgrunt" used on his bobber is the cleanest setup

there is IMHO and that's why I bought a setup for mine.

I gave $300 to get all the parts I needed, so anything below that seems far to me.

Tom

338lapua09

Man you need to look at all the new dump trucks all have air ride just depends on how it is ordered..for off road action I would go with a Mack truck set up...but air ride is all good...go for ir.:grd:

Bcurtman

OKay, I went to look at the wrecked Pete and have spoken for the air ride seats and one axle air ride setup. The other one is available. This truck was hit in front and there is no rear damage. It is in the shop being dismantled right now. It also has a Cat 3176 if anyone needs that. Since I cant post in the classifieds (and it is not my stuff) just pm me for more info.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks