• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

petroleum

reom35a2fluiter

best people,

I have a question about the fuels that can be hid in a deuce and a half.
here in the Netherlands they sell petroleum. this is certainly € 0.50 per liter cheaper than diesel.
my question is can I do it in my deuce and a half PETROLEUM??????:roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The language or your post is confusing.

What do you mean by hid? Do you mean burned as a fuel?

Petrolum is a broad term in English...do you mean kerosene or fuel oil?

We need more info to help with your question.

reom35a2fluiter

I will burned petroleum in my truck. I'm not sure I can drive it petroleum!!
In the broader sense is a synonym for petroleum crude oil or petroleum.

I can't drive kerosine in a deuce and a half????

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kerosene in very close to JP-8, which is approved for a multi-fuel deuce. If the FDC is bypassed the engine may not produce as much power, but it should run.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To run petroleum/oil, make sure your FDC is hooked up and not bypassed. Do not run straight petrol/gasoline in your truck, but you can add gasoline to petroleum oil to thin it enough to run in your truck.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try it and see how it works. Try 80% petroleum and 20% kerosene JP-8 to start with, you can fiddle with different ratios from there.

reom35a2fluiter

but in kerosene and petroleum is the oil less than for diesel right????
how can i be sure I here in the netherlands JP-8 jet fuel can tank???
or is the kerosene the same as in your country???

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure there is more oil/petroleum than kerosene, petrol/gasoline, JP-8 in your fuel mix.

Darwin T

the thicker the fuel the better the miles per gallon. i guess it does not need as much with the compensator to get the same effect from oil as from gasoline. i ran out of fuel and put 1/2 a gallon of new engine oil and a small can of Sea Foam engine cleaner in the tank and drove to a station and filled up.

i have run on 1/2 gasoiline and 1/2 diesel and the MPG dropped.

i have run on straight diesel and the MPG was OK.

i have run on used motor oil and the milage was +50% over diesel.

the research i did when i got my frist truck said if you are running straight gasoline add 1 quart of engine oil for every 15 gallons of gasoline, so you do not dry out your seals. i have not got brave enough to try straight gasoline. if i did i would add at least 1 quart for every 5 gallons. there is only about 1 or 2 months that i may have to thin out thick fuel in the winter here. i have 20 gallons of emergency kerosene that is 2 years old and i am about to replace it before hurricane season. what i have will be in one of my deuces to empty the can.

that is what i have done or will do. i may be wrong so do more research. heck i put 1 and 1/2 gallons of cutrunella oil in my fuel tank to see if it would smell better and keep mosiquitas away. but with 45 gallons of diesel in the tank it just smelled like diesel.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks