• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos of my M37B1

MarineTracs

Here are a few photos of my 1961 M37B1. I bought it from FrankUSMC down in North Carolina last year. It is a terrific driving truck! Still have a few things to do to it. I am currently installing USMC rear brackets, new weatherstripping for front windows and USMC style 'paperclips' for front bumper. I have bought a M24A2 machine gun mount (yeah, I know it should be a M24A3, but I have not found one yet) which I hope to have installed in December. I bought cradles for both a M2 .50 (Ma Duece) and a M60. Also bought both a dummy M2 and a dummy M60. Also have ammo can holders and ammo cans for both (new some dummy belts of ammo if anyone has any for sale). Early spring it will be repainted with Gillespie USMC MilSpec paint and then restenciled. Then time to do some serious playing with it.
The haversack on the outside driver side cargo rack is a USMC 1941 pattern and holds my poncho. The two boxes in the rear cargo bed are (1) toolbox and (2) emergency fluid box (brake fluid, coolant, oil, etc). The Vietnam style transistor radio in the front hooks up to the military speaker as does a CD player under the seat (gotta have my CCR and Steppenwolf).
As you can tell, I am ver proud of it. Thanks again FrankUSMC for selling it.

Attachments

MarineTracs

Apricots and Amtracs do not mix.

kcimb, I assume you are a 'trac head' yourself. Nice pick up on my sign in the background. Semper Fi, from an old 1833.

kcimb

Re: RE: Photos of my M37B1

MarineTracs said:
Apricots and Amtracs do not mix.

kcimb, I assume you are a 'trac head' yourself. Nice pick up on my sign in the background. Semper Fi, from an old 1833.
Fixing to be :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Photos of my M37B1

Very nice looking M37! Bound to be a show winner in any competition!

Only fault I see is the steering wheel starting to develop some cracks (common problem). JC Whitney sells a do-it-yourself kit to repair cracked hard rubber on older steering wheels.

MarineTracs

Thanks for all of the kind comments about my truck. I used to own a 1971 M151A2 that I had restored to USMC configuration (USMC front bumber, fording kit, etc). After getting the M37 and comparing rides (and roll over potential) it was goodbye MUTT. I still want to acquire a Mule, preferably with a 106mm recoiless rifle, but we'll see how that turns out.
Apricots?? Well, you see I was a Marine Amtrac'er (Amphibious Tractor- I was crew chief on both LVTP-5's and LVTP-7's) during the late 60's to mid 70's. Amtrac crewmen have the belief that apricots are bad juju. We don't want to be around them and definitely don't want them on our trac. That superstition was in full force when I was in and continues to this day. Lots of horror stories abound about tracs having mechanical problems, sinking or getting blown up because of apricots being on board. Back when I was in, some C-rats had apricots in them (canned apricots or apricot jam). We would check all incoming rats, both ours and the grunts coming aboard, and throw away any apricot items we found prior to moving out. I don't think todays MRE's have any apricot items, but in talking to a lot of the current Amtrac'ers I find that the superstition remains just as strong as it was almost 40 years ago.

tstephenson

WOW!!!

Great looking truck, looks ready for action that is for sure. That is what I am talking about!!!
Be prepared,
Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks