• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pick-up help or info, Ft. Bragg

LanceRobson

I'm thinking of bidding on a trailer at Ft. Bragg. Has anyone done business there?

Also, does anyone know if the M103A3 trailer chassis (M105A3, etc) with dual line brakes needs air pressure to be able to move it? If things work out I'll pick up the trailer with my F-350 dually. It gets better mileage and is a whole lot more comfortable than a deuce.

I don't expect any drama recovering a trailer but it's a long way from home. Is anybody nearby if I need somewhere to perform any unexpected service to brakes, bearings etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lance

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The trailer will move without air, and all the 105's I've recovered made it home with no problems. Longest recovery to date was 280 miles.

jwaller

I've picked up a good bit of stuff from bragg, no problems, make sure you have lisence and insurance for your vehicle and be prepared to open the hood and any and all tool boxes you may have. if you decide to get there early. make it before 7:30. if not wait till 9 or so. there is a big line just before 8am.

LanceRobson

Thanks

I need to check if out what's available for transient quarters on post or maybe if there is a GI recreation facility nearby. 25 years of my career was as an infantryman and I've never been to Bragg!

Lance

mdog

The GL guy I have dealt with at Bragg is named Eddie and he he very helpful and accomodating. I am not as thrilled with gate security. Once they let me in with a farm trailer with no tag and the next time they told me no way. That was 130 miles wasted. If they had told me the first time I would have known better. I am curious how can you bid on a trailer 700 miles from home? I am new to SS and am amazed at the distances people will travel. It would seem to me the fuel cost would triple the cost of the trailer. Am I missing something.

CGarbee

I'll second that Eddie is great to work with...and Eric can do wonders with the forklift... :)
I'm on base at least once a month picking up stuff from the GL yard in case you need any assistance...

The security guys at the truck gate are pretty easy to deal with, the ones at the car/small truck gate (both are portions of the Knox Gate) are a bit move of a pain from a speed/consistancy basis...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks