• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a 52 Deuce.

yancey666

Not sure whether to keep, trade for a school bus or sell. I can't seem to find much info for manual or parts. I know it will run and drive. All three axles are good. Any helpful ideas?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the website!

The TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck can be found in the TM's Forum of the SS website.
Here's a link:

Is your Deuce an M35? If so, you'll find all you need here. Other models are also well supported.

Again, WELCOME ABOARD :grin:
Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA, Earth

yancey666

Welcome to the website!

The TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck can be found in the TM's Forum of the SS website.
Here's a link:

Is your Deuce an M35? If so, you'll find all you need here. Other models are also well supported.

Again, WELCOME ABOARD :grin:
Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA, Earth
My deuce is an M44. I believe it is a gasser

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My deuce is an M44. I believe it is a gasser
Welcome to the site and the hobby! I dunno... Let's see.. Green Iron or a Cheesewagon (School Bus). Could be a difficult decision - unless you go out and climb up in your newly acquired Deuce. The longer you sit in that seat, the more she will be calling your name!

Technical Manuals are definitely here. LOTS of opinions here too and everybody is happy to help. Always useful to have the books though. Makes your questions smarter.

And WE LOVE PICTURES here , so post up a few of your new sweetie truck. It doesn't have to look brand new to show up here...

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, here are some pics.
Neat truck! It even has a hard top. Those are really nice when the rain gets serious :) You will definitely have a lot of sweat equity in her, but that is a really hard feeling to beat. Built with your own two hands...

It looks like the previous owner had a gin pole setup for lifting with the winch. I can only guess, but it definitely has that look. If you happen to see any large round pipes laying nearby - try to grab them while you are there.

I have recently seen beds for sale and even saw a guy on FB that was giving one away. The best part is - working on it without the bed will make it much easier. Hey - gotta find happy where you can!

yancey666

Neat truck! It even has a hard top. Those are really nice when the rain gets serious :) You will definitely have a lot of sweat equity in her, but that is a really hard feeling to beat. Built with your own two hands...

It looks like the previous owner had a gin pole setup for lifting with the winch. I can only guess, but it definitely has that look. If you happen to see any large round pipes laying nearby - try to grab them while you are there.

I have recently seen beds for sale and even saw a guy on FB that was giving one away. The best part is - working on it without the bed will make it much easier. Hey - gotta find happy where you can!
I didn't see any big pipes, I believe it was used as a harvest truck for potatoes. But I was thinking the same thing about the use for the winch. I have been looking for gaskets for the carb. I took it off and they need to be replaced. I was hoping to find a complete carb for it. It fires but won't stay running down to fuel issues. So lots of work there..

TheQuaker

Welcome to the site and to the green insanity!

I have a 1952 Lansing-built REO as well that I just recovered over the summer. But mine was (mostly) upgraded to A2 configuration during her service life and now has a Multifuel in the engine bay instead of the Comet. :(

My Deuce has been lot of fun for me already and I am sure you will enjoy yours!

There is an incredible wealth of knowledge on this site and there is always someone willing to give you some advice or suggestions if you run into a snag.

Have fun and make sure to get and read the TM's! They make this hobby possible...

yancey666

Welcome to the site and to the green insanity!

I have a 1952 Lansing-built REO as well that I just recovered over the summer. But mine was (mostly) upgraded to A2 configuration during her service life and now has a Multifuel in the engine bay instead of the Comet. :(

My Deuce has been lot of fun for me already and I am sure you will enjoy yours!

There is an incredible wealth of knowledge on this site and there is always someone willing to give you some advice or suggestions if you run into a snag.

Have fun and make sure to get and read the TM's! They make this hobby possible...
Thanks. I have lots to learn. But am looking forward to it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks