• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a little tow job today.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To bad the M816 is mine but putting the M915A2 to work this weekend. Have to return the wrecker to my holding yard where she can sleep for awhile.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pull the front drive flanges and double N like gimpy said works great. It keeps the heavier truck from pushing so bad as well with the front axle not providing resistance it seems. You only need to pull the driveshaft on the the 915 trucks and LMTVs

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful not to end up in the ditch James. The wrecker weighs a lot more than the tractor and will push that light rear end all over.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the front drive flanges and double N like gimpy said works great. It keeps the heavier truck from pushing so bad as well with the front axle not providing resistance it seems. You only need to pull the driveshaft on the the 915 trucks and LMTVs
I would think you would only need to pull the flange from one side to free up the front end?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will listen to the voice of reason the 816 stays home with me. I don't need any trouble with my new 915 toy plus I need to work on the 816 and it won't get done 60 miles away. I did always preach safety when towing and the 816 can be driven to the yard some other day. Thanks.

jbayer

Hey James,
Couldn't you just tow the M915 with the M816? I mean, it is a wrecker, right? Meant to tow other trucks. Then drive the 915 back.
I don't know, just asking.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

When you get ready to move the wrecker again, call me & I will pick you up from your storage facility & take you back home. No problems with towing issues that way. Just do it on a weekend is all I ask. Taking off work is very hard to do now that the company laid off 25 of our few productive workers.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey James,
Couldn't you just tow the M915 with the M816? I mean, it is a wrecker, right? Meant to tow other trucks. Then drive the 915 back.
I don't know, just asking.
No tags or insurance on the 816 and she needs a little work. Also think she feels more loved here with me than banished to a lonely yard.

Thanks Allen I might take you up on it. I think the 915 would have done it with dry roads and low speed but those dam annoying voices in my head would not stop. Anyone else here them voices calling out? The worse one keeps saying don't follow Gimpyrobb into the woods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks