• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a m915a1!

Bdfancy81

I bought this last week, had it towed home. Brief backstory I was told first the motor was seized. The seller then was able to bar the motor over, and put in new batteries but the starter wouldn't do anything but click. I went to look at it ,the 3 batteries were in a 12v configuration. Hooked 2 into 24v and it spun right over.. bought it on the spot. Bill of sale says 1985. It's tagged with a 2011 rebuild on door and motor. Needless to say I'm pretty excited, it's rust free has heat and ac and appears to be in good shape.

Attachments

Bdfancy81

Those brought around $10k + at auction back when they were sold.
I am not into it for nearly that. Little over half that. No keys, minor detail ordered new ignition.. all fluids looked nice and clean. I have all new filters coming. Pretty sure the breaks need some attention from sitting. Interior is pretty clean. New seats headliner and everything is as new . All lights work.

Attachments

Bdfancy81

Yeah you did good, with 11.00-24.5’s you can get a comfortable 65 mph out of the truck. Simp on here put 10s of thousands of miles on one cross country before an oopsie happened.
They are as dependable as the sun rising.
I won't be using it as hard as that. I ordered a new kx080-4 kubota mid November. Was looking for a SA 7 yd dump to haul it but up in maine most everything has alot of rust or Miles. I kind of stumbled on this. It's not a dump, but in the meantime be able to move that 80 on a tag all easy. If you have tried finding a good low mile rust free dump lately you know they are scarce unless you are willing to pay $$$$. Is there anyone on this site that can give me info on the truck from the serial/registration numbers on the stamped plates?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks