• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics from Korea

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few pictures to share. My neighbor was going through some photos taken while he was in Korea (1954). I looked for the correct forums to post these in and I noticed that the 5 Ton trucks are not listed in the Korea era Forums! I'll post them here anyway. (mods?) There is a variety of vehicles in these pics.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbor said the winter in Korea was really cold! He pointed to one of the tents in the picture and said,"I slept in there all winter"! In the summer he said they bathed in the creek but in the winter they just went without! It was about 20 miles to anywhere from camp, he said.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
All I can tell you yet is that Korea has gotten much more colorful than pictured there. Great shots of the Army in post Korea War guardianship. I am still collecting pictures to make a post here and I will soon be helocoptering around and will get some of those posted when I return. Our fathers fought long and hard for freedom in WW II and Korea and we must be willing to continue to fight for freedom. Please remember that when the election comes round.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the third pic, the trucks are lined up for an inspection. There are tire chains on the ground next to the truck.