• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PICS please, of part of the mep-18a genset.

ida34

I will try to hook you up this weekend. I looked mine over today and one spring I see is the return spring for the choke control. Other than that I am not sure of any other springs. There is a spring on the govenor control lock knob. You just need the picture from the top of the carb, right? If you want to drive out to the Ann Arbor area you can look at what I have. I am home in the mornings and most of the time on the weekends.

Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Meanwhile, perhaps this will help. The automatic choke linkage is missing on mine, but it is easily handled manually and the unit runs great.

Snuck in a picture of the oil filter also, think it came up on a different thread.

Attachments

mangus580

Bjorn, I think by you missing the automatic choke, you are missing the spring in question.... Chris, I think the only spring you are looking for, is one that holds the choke in the open position when running. From what I have seen, they hook just about anywhere, primarily running from where the manual cable connects, to the bracket on the right side of the carb in the second picture above. Dont use too heavy of a spring, as the auto choke needs to be able to pull it still, and a too light of spring may allow the choke to close when running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks