• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pictures of my buddy's HMMWV and others in Iraq...

BigJay

My buddy is a combat photographer for the Marines in Iraq. He sends me some pictures every now and then. I thought some of you may enjoy these. He's not a truck nut(He's a Jeep nut actually) or anything, he just takes the pics for me. He recently got involved in a quick reaction force and got a HMMWV to drive. He said as a photographer he was always going outside the wire anyway, and now he has a little more to do.

5 pictures total, hopefully that's ok.

-Jay

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: current MV

Yeah, seen the new MTVR floating around Quantico here in VA. First thought in my mind was, "Damn, they got 10-tonners back!".

BigJay

BigJay said:
Last one... FAR from my favorite... :(
Just to pull up an old post here... In this pic what he didn't tell me back in October is that he was IN this thing when it got hit.. Flipped the whole truck upside down, front over back. He was sitting towards the rear, said he had no injuries AT ALL. Driver got a black eye, probably from something in the cab that was not secured.. Everyone in the vehicle not only lived, but walked away and was back to work the same day.

The vehicle has a V shaped hull, which I've seen on a lot of newer trucks, so it sends the blast out to the sides.

He chose not to tell anyone about it so we wouldn't all worry about him. Which I can understand. But I wanted to pull this back up cause it's really pretty cool that a vehicle can get hit like this and everyone be completely ok.

-Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks