• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pieces and parts for IP rebuild

DaneGer21

What other pieces and parts would be needed or be wise to replace when tearing apart the IP to replace gaskets? I already have the “basic” gasket kit, and the HH orings on hand.

I was hoping maybe someone who’s been through a rebuild could offer some advice on what might need replaced, or what I should just go ahead and replace.

As of now, the only reason I wanna start this process is because of leaky gaskets if a few spots. Otherwise this is a completely fine and operational IP.

Thanks.

williamh

What other pieces and parts would be needed or be wise to replace when tearing apart the IP to replace gaskets? I already have the “basic” gasket kit, and the HH orings on hand.

I was hoping maybe someone who’s been through a rebuild could offer some advice on what might need replaced, or what I should just go ahead and replace.

As of now, the only reason I wanna start this process is because of leaky gaskets if a few spots. Otherwise this is a completely fine and operational IP.

Thanks.
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone rebuild the ip , usually it’s just replace the gaskets or replace what had failed. If your really adventurous you might replace the bearings or the springs on the advance. Other than that ?? I have like 5 spares , I had more but just took them apart for “ how does this work “ or to sell a part.

87cr250r

Generally, you want to do as little as possible. I have only done this on the Stanadyne DB2 but none of the adjustable parts of the pump have to be disturbed to replace all of the seals. Adjustable components can be removed as an assembly.

DaneGer21

Generally, you want to do as little as possible. I have only done this on the Stanadyne DB2 but none of the adjustable parts of the pump have to be disturbed to replace all of the seals. Adjustable components can be removed as an assembly.
Awesome! Because the only real issues at this moment are leaky gaskets/seals. Mainly the IP body/housing.

DaneGer21

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone rebuild the ip , usually it’s just replace the gaskets or replace what had failed. If your really adventurous you might replace the bearings or the springs on the advance. Other than that ?? I have like 5 spares , I had more but just took them apart for “ how does this work “ or to sell a part.
The only “issues” are leaky gaskets/seals. Mainly the IP body/housing and that’s it. It is currently on a running truck, so it doesn’t seem to have any other issues that I’m aware of.

DaneGer21

I was just hoping to find someone who’s been through one a few times that might say; “X” always needed replaced, or “Y” was always worn out. Kinda the common things I might find when digging in. I’m not looking for a “complete” rebuild, but if “X and Y” always needed replaced, then I’ll do that in conjunction with my gasket kit.

87cr250r

You can get seal kits from companies like Diamond Diesel. On the Stanadyne pumps it's the throttle shaft seal that goes bad but it's not much more work to do the rest. I don't know if this applies to your pump. The paint marks mean calibration points so don't loosen the painted screws.

If you need to replace anything else the cost to repair will exceed the value of the pump.

Last edited:

rustystud

I was just hoping to find someone who’s been through one a few times that might say; “X” always needed replaced, or “Y” was always worn out. Kinda the common things I might find when digging in. I’m not looking for a “complete” rebuild, but if “X and Y” always needed replaced, then I’ll do that in conjunction with my gasket kit.
If your just looking to "refresh" your pump then replacing the Hydraulic Head 'O'-rings is the first thing. Then I would remove the "booster pump and after cleaning it up replace the shaft seal. This seal keeps the fuel in the pump and not in the engine. I mention the replacement and the cleaning in my rebuild thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks