• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pimp ma Deuce another M109 Re-story

Galdron

Well, I am sure I will here some junk about using fiberglass, bondo or other cracks about my restoration methods. I am going to start a post to keep up with the restoration of my M109. When I got her she has seen better days.

This truck will never get sold. I will drive it and keep it in the family. Every family needs a couple of deuces and my M35A2 is in great shape. Now it is time to get my M109 in good shape as well.

This is a work truck for hauling bees, wood, and any thing else I see fit to haul. This truck was a work horse used by the Birmingham Knights of Columbus for getting supplies to folks effected by the tornadoes this past year. She could go where no other trucks could get supplies to. This restoration is all about functionality with a few additions for comfort and looks.

Well lets get this thread started and let the posting begin. I will keep posting pics to this thread during progress.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Attachments

Dave08

Welcome! I will be watching the progress; keep the pics coming. Are you restoring to original? Meaning are there going to be any modifications added. I have two M109A3s that will be my project trucks.

Galdron

There will be some mods, seats, pyro, cab lights, soft top hook switch, muffler.
I am still looking for a fab Canadian rack over the cab. If you see a spec for one of those please let me know where it is. I can do the welding and the cutting just need the specs.

Katahdin

I like reading M109 threads, but after a good year working on mine I've come to realization its like "Painting the Bridge". Its a full time job and it'll never be finished!

Best of luck on your project!

zout

Very interesting- bee work.

I for one will say nothing about bondo or fibreglassing - its your truck and it all works good if done right. I do prefer what is called Tigers Hair or bondo with fibreglass shredded particles in it for stability and durability (less flex).

Its non of my business but as you were whittling away on the paint with the wire brush I surely hope you used a respirator

Keep the pictures rolling in - you have fans watching your project and be safe.

SPCWarning

Well, I am sure I will here some junk about using fiberglass, bondo or other cracks about my restoration methods. I am going to start a post to keep up with the restoration of my M109. When I got her she has seen better days.

This truck will never get sold. I will drive it and keep it in the family. Every family needs a couple of deuces and my M35A2 is in great shape. Now it is time to get my M109 in good shape as well.

This is a work truck for hauling bees, wood, and any thing else I see fit to haul. This truck was a work horse used by the Birmingham Knights of Columbus for getting supplies to folks effected by the tornadoes this past year. She could go where no other trucks could get supplies to. This restoration is all about functionality with a few additions for comfort and looks.

Well lets get this thread started and let the posting begin. I will keep posting pics to this thread during progress.

View attachment 281219

View attachment 281220

View attachment 281221

View attachment 281222

View attachment 281223

View attachment 281224

View attachment 281225

View attachment 281226
Fiberglass and Bondo.............good stuff ! I'm sure no one will crack jokes about it, it's YOUR truck........I'd like to have an M109 myself so I have NO room to criticize your work. Keep the pics coming, looks good.