• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Piston Rings

Johan1963

I just got some NOS piston rings. The top two rings are identical. The top two rings have a beveled edge on the inside of the ring. There are no marks to indicate correct placement and the instructions don't cover it. My question is, if the top two rings are identical, which way does the inside beveled edge go? I read one post that said if the top tings were not marked, to place the top ring with the beveled edge facing up and the second ring facing down. I'd like someone to chime in and let me know. I called the company, but haven't heard from them.

Thanks

John

87cr250r

For piston rings in general, it appears that the bevel should be on the top unless the ring has a tapered face.

Screenshot_20230917-123651.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks