• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please Help!(wiring)

jfmrj

I'm having problems trying to get my glow plug relay bypass to work. When I took off the wires off the 12v block and put them back, don't ask. When I attached the 12v wire coming from the negative post on the rear battery to the 12v block on the firewall the horn goes off. I took all the wires back off and touch the 12v wire to each wire that went to the block. The horn went off when it touched the one with the two holes on the connector. Any help would be great. If anyone lives near Lexington, NC I could use the help.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Man

I know what your going through. When doing electrical work, your Number One concern is: Don't let the smoke leak out from the wire! Your employing, what is called in some circles, the "Smoke Test"! The best advice anyone can give you, is to go buy the best test meter, that you can afford. Then sit down, read the instructions, and go play with it. By learning to "read" your meter, you will begin to understand what is going on, with your vehicle. One of the main benifits will be, that you can do it safely, and not "smoke" something expensive.

Meters can be found many places, but Seaars has a selection of Fluke Meters, at different price ranges.

Good Luck

Lee in Alaska

CCATLETT1984

you need to download the unit support manual from the trouble shooting thread at the top of this forum, appendix E has the wiring schematics for the whole truck. that will help you narrow your problem down.