• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plow Truck

Bobert

Anybody know what this huge snow plow is? Just curious.
It's an Oshkosh and the data plate says M-4-1700.

It is for sale at the fed surplus for a mere $21,000.

Attachments

gt1009

Could be one from an airfield used to plow the runways? I think they can clear the longest one at o'hare in 4 minutes with the best of them.

Stan45

It a "Rollover" Plow. USAF used these at our northern bases The blade plows to one side, on the return trip you "roll it over" to the other with hydralics. The blade has a small toe with a large heel to lift and discharge the snow in an arch, so you can spread it out a distance. This one looks like it also has its "underbody" scraper for ice removal. They are powered by big 6 Cats with a 3 speed auto. They'll go 55-60 and have increbible acceleration for a vehicle that large.

snowplow

That is an Oshkosh WT-2206 plow truck. The USAF had them made in the 50's to clear runways for B52 to TO or land. I think they had to be able to clear it in 10 or 15". They exceded the spec & worked so well in the 80's the AF sent them bact to Oshkosh for a 0 time new factory warranty overhall & re-power with 6 cylinder turo cat engines. I bought 1 Nov 06 that was missing LF axle parts & have been looking for the parts till 2 wks ago. They are very hard to find if the one you buy is running ok, if not pass. They are made to go in rough cross country roads slowly. Not a hiway high speed truck when I get my truck running the factory suggested I have it hauled on a low boy as not designed for freeway speeds for long time will tear up parts!