• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Portrait Of LMTV Owner"

MaiNiaK

Nice pic..

What I wouldn't do to have 1 day in Arizona to ride my scoot... This Maine winter is getting to me.!!

dmetalmiki

As long as you get to drive it more than work on it. Most Gama Goat owners aren't that lucky.
Good capture, though I thought you were actually on or blocking a road..but then I don't suppose you would be sitting there quite so complacent in such a situation. My M561 Goat has never let us down,tough little truck. Love it. I also love Arizona..my old jeep has actually driven through it..Years ago, enjoyed every minute of that journey. (and the weather).

Attachments

Last edited:

aleigh

Nah. What happened is we were camped out there and I started the truck in the morning. Alternator belt was squealing. One of the belts is a little stretched and is due for replacement but I think what really happened is the alternator bolt loosened up. Looped a ratchet strap around the alternator and yanked on it while my buddy tightened it up the bolt and this put enough tension on the belts to get going. It's been fine since but I need to do the belts before my big trip next month. I hear getting the fan off is a chore.

I changed both the alternator and the A/C belts recently and did not have to pull the fan. I had to undo the air line to the fan clutch to slip the belt over the fan though. The A/C belt was a tight fit and I had to loosen up the compressor bracket to get the belt on. Overall it was relatively easy PM.

That said, my truck is an A1 and the alternator belt is a serpentine belt and rather long so this may differ from what you have and installation may differ.

Last edited:

DrillerSurplus

WARNING: Once you get out there... you'll probably not want to leave! :wink:
Until about May when the temperature can start hitting 100+. Back in the '70's I was working 12 hours shifts on a rig out in the desert near Safford, Arizona. My main transportation was a Triumph Bonneville. We had a hot spell where it was over 110 every day for a month.(with a few days over 120) I swore I'd be somewhere else the next year. The next summer I was on a rig in the Brooks Range north of the Arctic Circle. Spent the next 10 years working May-September in Alaska and the rest of the year at new home near Seattle or travelling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks