• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible registration number?

C130guy

Howdy,

Been trying to find the registration numbers for a while on my M1009. No luck on the tailgate since it was bashed in and rusted. The rear bumpers have several numbers but they are all unit IDs. And the front bumper already had the paint peeling and rusted where the reg numbers would have been. There's a faint number on the topper glass remnant of when there were number decals at one point. It's CT5453. Any idea what this is?

Thanks in advance.
20221002_160147.jpg

C130guy

Thank you gents, I did find the registration number on the vin plate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that you needed a different number found on the bumper do do a FOIA request to find where it has been. As far as the number that I shared a photo of, is it safe to assume it's been made up? I've found a few markings under the paint IDing it to MN ARNG units but no specific identification numbers.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you are very close to already knowing what you will learn from the foia inquiry. Internet searches might get you the unit histories even if the units are disbanded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks