• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

post pictures from phone?

m715mike

I use this button (with the tree pictured inside) >>>

IMG_3497.jpg

Check out the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this thread. It's on the right side of the button ribbon.
IMG_3496.jpg

Hillstead10

How do you upload pictures from your phone or computer? Start a new thread or post a question? Cant add myself to the member map either. Any help would be great!

Bighorn

How do you upload pictures from your phone or computer? Start a new thread or post a question? Cant add myself to the member map either. Any help would be great!
Hill, I am in the same boat as you.
Can't find the X in the upper right corner to add myself to the member map on any computer.
Also cannot post from my Android phone.. though it is an older phone running an older version of Android.
I can only post photos from my laptop or another desktop computer

Hillstead10

Hill, I am in the same boat as you.
Can't find the X in the upper right corner to add myself to the member map on any computer.
Also cannot post from my Android phone.. though it is an older phone running an older version of Android.
I can only post photos from my laptop or another desktop computer
How do you even post pics from the computer? Or start a new thread with a question??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bighorn

How do you even post pics from the computer? Or start a new thread with a question??

I use bluetooth to transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop.
Then from my laptop I select the little icon that looks like a picture of a tree.
But it does not appear when viewing this site from my phone.. get it?
You need to be on a computer to see the icons to add pictures.
At least you do if you are us.
I think the issue is that my phone is truly ancient in tech terms.
I am trying a newer phone right now and I'll see if i can post from that.

Hillstead10

I use bluetooth to transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop.
Then from my laptop I select the little icon that looks like a picture of a tree.
But it does not appear when viewing this site from my phone.. get it?
You need to be on a computer to see the icons to add pictures.
At least you do if you are us.
I think the issue is that my phone is truly ancient in tech terms.
I am trying a newer phone right now and I'll see if i can post from that.
Got it! The map anyway. Go to the map. Top left it says map and sat? Below that there is an icon with lines on it. Click that and a menu comes up and click add and put your info in. I just added myself.

Bighorn

Okay Hill.
It works on my Galaxy S5 active but not with my Rugby Pro.
But I had to login to the Full Site at bottom of page.
Have you tried loggong into the Full Site on your phone?

Hillstead10

Okay Hill.
It works on my Galaxy S5 active but not with my Rugby Pro.
But I had to login to the Full Site at bottom of page.
Have you tried loggong into the Full Site on your phone?
That's actually what I'm on right now haha. If you open a section such as TMs, website help etc etc...at the bottom there is a small button "add new post". Just saw it.

Bighorn

Got it! The map anyway. Go to the map. Top left it says map and sat? Below that there is an icon with lines on it. Click that and a menu comes up and click add and put your info in. I just added myself.

No joy for me with that map.
Tried using laptop and there is nothing there except a box to select terrain view.
I tried on this laptop as well as the office comp using windows 10.

Hillstead10

No joy for me with that map.
Tried using laptop and there is nothing there except a box to select terrain view.
I tried on this laptop as well as the office comp using windows 10.
I did it on my android phone . My computer did the same thing yours did. And I went to zeemaps site and searched steel soldiers and found the map

Bighorn

It gets weirder..
The galaxy s5 shows that box with the lines on member maps that nothing else up here shows.
Let me see if i can add from this gadget.
I gave up on this phone because the camera is damaged.

Hillstead10

It gets weirder..
The galaxy s5 shows that box with the lines on member maps that nothing else up here shows.
Let me see if i can add from this gadget.
I gave up on this phone because the camera is damaged.
Looks like this

Bighorn

I see what had happened.
There is a steel soldier map AND a steel soldier member map on zee maps website.
I think the link on Steel Soldiers goes to the map that is locked somehow.
The one on the zeemaps site labelled Steel Soldier Member Map has the "ADD" option.

THANKS HILL!
I posted a pin on the map!
Yep, the link you get on the member map page here on Steel Soldiers takes you to a map you can't edit.
If you search on zee maps for "Steel Soldiers Member Map" you will get the right map to which you can post.Good job Hill!

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is not the official map. Here is the official map.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=455889&

Now, pictures. From a mobile device, it's anyone's guess how your device/browser will handle files and allow attachments. There's the middleware for phones to "streamline" the forum for mobile devices called tapatalk. But you'll have to adjust your tapatalk settings to allow for direct uploads to the server to post actual images. Otherwise they'll just display as links.

Now, posting new threads. First, search, try to continue on existing topics that match. But if it's something new, then start up a new thread. That can be done by scrolling down the forums to get into the discussion sections. The TM section up top isn't for posting. Once in the discussion forum, IE: CUCV, click on the new thread button in the top left.