• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting pictures of PNG type defalts to very small size

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting pictures of PNG type defaults to very small size

Is there a preference setting I can change when posting images of type "PNG" so that said PNG images are much larger?

Uploading JPGs seems to default to the largest allowed size, however, when I upload PNGs it seems to default to the smallest size?

A perfect example is illustrated in my post here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ig-Bend-Trip&p=1662727&viewfull=1#post1662727

I downloaded the images from the linked websites and then posted them in my reply. Once on SS, the top one (Batman) is much larger than the bottom two (Piggers), even though originally all three images are large. The only explanation I can think of is that the top one was originally a JPG and the bottom two were PNGs.

I don't see file size being a problem as the original bottom PNG images were actually smaller:
(in order) 195KB, 152KB, 88KB.

The size the forum defaulted to for those 2 images is basically unreadable.

I also had this problem a while back when trying to post a PNG of my brother's license plate mount design. So I ended up including it as a downloadable PDF file so it would actually be readable.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?125457-Composite-Tail-Light-License-Plate-Mount-Deisgn

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This should be corrected now. Looks like PNG's file size/height-width were low. Unfortunately it's not retroactive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks