• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

power steering help!!

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello all,

I developed a leak in my power steering resovior on the pump and took it in to a garage to have the pump changed cause of a lack of time on my part.......... I got it back today at closing time and have big problems now.......... While driving home i got the following symptoms....... when i apply the breaks, almost every time it has some resistancs just as i begin to apply pressure to the pedal then almost "clicks" and the pedal goes down smoothly....... several times, i hit the breaks and had to really apply pressure then all of a sudden the boost would kick in and almost lock the wheels.........so i get home and check my manual and go though the bleeding procedure for the power steering system to no avail..... as a side note, during the bleeding procedure, when i have the wheel turned to one side or another (not to the stops), and hit the brakes, I get a whooshing sound from the hydroboost............ and several times, when i applied the brakes with the truck in park and no hands on the wheel, it tries to turn the wheel slightly............... now my brakes and steering worked perfectly before i took the truck in early yesterday morning and i am at wits end as to what they could have done to screw this up............ I will be taking it back first thing tomorrow but its really aggravating me now.......coupled with the fact that i need the truck starting early sunday morning for a month long event with the academy................. now the thought among a few of my buddies is that mybe there is some contamination in the fluid......... but if so, how can the hydrobooster be flushed out or is it even possible to do so...........any input is greatly appreciated

Ziggy

motorolanut

check all rubber hoses for leaks. again fluid and air, remember these trucks are close to 20 years old and dry rot sneaks up fast. the inside of the hose will decay before the outside crystalizes.

BKinzey

Did you flush out the pump before re-installing it? You might indeed have some contamination in the lines or the hydroboost it's self.

If you don't find any leaks bleed the brakes. OVER bleed them :wink: because the only thing I can suggest after that is take it all apart, flush it out, and put it back together again :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks