• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Pump Options?

what you change is the amount of time it takes to build the pressure, but it shouldn't affect the actual pressure.
Working pressure or circulation pressure? I know on my hydraulic gear pump the amount of pressure is RPM dependent till it reaches the pressure that the relief valve is set to then it bleeds off the extra pressure back to the tank.

I'm unsure how power steering regulates pressure

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Working pressure or circulation pressure? I know on my hydraulic gear pump the amount of pressure is RPM dependent till it reaches the pressure that the relief valve is set to then it bleeds off the extra pressure back to the tank.

I'm unsure how power steering regulates pressure
For the last question, power steering only uses pressure when you are turning the wheels. friction in the system is likely what builds the pressure, as reading the troubleshooting pages posted below it only mentions the pump being an issue if pressure or flow is too low, and not anything else in the system.

Looks like the manuals are a little different, but according to the earlier manual it's supposed to be 150-250psi and 2.5-3.5gpm flow, and the later manual says 220-250psi and 2.75-3.25gpm flow.

Here are the pages in each of the series 20 level troubleshooting guides

earlier trucks
1710911718427.png

later trucks
1710911208240.png

well changed the fluid and it is quieter and thinner but u have no idea what fluid was in there other than it was some kind of ATF.

can still hear the pump tho so going to try and sound proof it next I'll report back when I get around to doing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks