• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power to glow plug relay

rnd-motorsports

Got a strange one for you guys I will look into this weekend but thought I would throw the puzzle your way! my glow plugs were not working! wait lite worked and cycles! SO i got new glow plugs g60's also got wire ends changed them no problem while I was at it put in a bypass switch no problem. thats how I found my problem glow plug supply from the junction block ( Battery power ) I do not have resistor took it out wired directly with fuse link! turn key on wait lite cycles but no start when cold hit bypass nothing. Got to checking with key off I have power to the glow plug relay 12 volt. Turn key on and no power to the relay! mind you this is directly to battery power not threw the switch why do I loose it when key is on? turn key off power is back! aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you installed a fusible link, in your supply wire? It probably burned out, but has enough continuity to measure voltage with a meter, but not able to pass voltage with a load.

Maybe a picture or drawing of what you did, would help. I'm not 100% sure what your saying.

rnd-motorsports

All I did was remove the resistor and hook it direct just used a in-line wire fuse as you should! yes have checked and the wire fuse is good! without the key on if you hit the bypass glow plugs work great and truck starts . If you turn key to the run position then there is no power to the glow plug relay or solenoid witch ever you want to call it. but the wait light cycles as should but there is no power to the glow plugs because for some reason the key is killing the power to the solenoid,Why its puzzling is it is direct to the battery does not go threw the switch! Will get a pic and post it but pretty simple!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks